I’m running for Southbury Board of Selectmen, offering to bring to the table every bit of experience I have as a respected individual at work and home. Here’s what that means to me in a word: collaboration. You can expect from me a consistent willingness to listen, learn, question and contribute to the conversations and decisions that pertain to the business of Southbury, especially the quality of our lives here in town.
Change will always be a component of our lives. You can count on me being able to listen, consider thoughtfully, engage passionately and work together to move our town in a direction that preserves what we love, identify where we should grow, and help to make great decisions together. That is what a Selectman should represent and what I intend to do.
Here in town, I’ve been proud to serve as an alternate on the Planning Commission over the last year and was recently appointed as a full member.
I have also served briefly as Chair of the Southbury Republican Town Committee and continue to support and volunteer for the organization.
15 years working for Con Edison in New York City, I am surrounded by a very diverse workforce that continues to inspire me to be my best.
Over a decade as a member of South Britain Congregational Church, surrounded by a family of people who inspire me to be my best.
EXPERIENCE & LEADERSHIP
- Over 15 years in the electric utility industry
- Held both union leadership and management positions
- Smart, respectful, and collaborative work ethic
- Strong ability to build and manage respectful, productive work relationships within a highly diverse workforce
- Proven ability to listen thoughtfully, engage passionately, and move decisions forward productively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication
- Moved to Southbury in 2009
- Married 12 years to my wife, Mimi, with 5 beautiful grandchildren.
- 11 years Member of South Britain Congregational Church
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Comprehensive OSHA training including Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Trained in Emergency Management/Incident Command System (ICS) to Incident Commander (IC) level
- Decades-strong operations experience with expertise in asset management and preventative maintenance.
- SME in best-in-class safety practices, building a safety culture within the workforce, creating safety leaders.
- CPR/1st Aid qualified including bloodborne pathogens training
- Active participant in Diversity and Inclusion training and discussions
- Current Southbury Planning Commission Member
- South Britain Church Apple Festival
- South Britain Church Webmaster from 2012-2020